Wednesday, November 17, 2010

14 hour day in Jerusalem

My brain is stuffed with all kinds of historical, biblical, and archelogical information. Started the morning off eating some sort of smoked fish (I'm talking the whole fish! - not something I'd usually do, but I'm in Jerusalem and it's fish Jesus style). We saw a lot of cool stuff (all on foot) starting at the mount of Olives and down through the Kidron valley (my favorite site of the day - just the perspective of a map I've drawn and seen maps of all my life). The pool of Bethesda and the western wall (herod's temple wall from time of Jesus) and the market places. Wasn't really impressed with garden of Gethsemene, church of the Holy Sepulchre (sight of Christ crucifixion) -too commercialized for me. Sang "amazing grace" in a 7th century cathedral as a group - very moving. Tomorrow to the Dead Sea.

No comments: