well, I don't know if any one is reading this (or if it's even interesting) but this a list of things I've done over the past few days that equal vacation:
1. Went to a minor league baseball game.
2. Sat by a pool and pondered life while connecting with my inner Charles Spurgeon
3. Began Fyodor Dostoevsky's "The Idiot" (no, it's not about me)
4. went to a local gym to watch a pro-am basketball league...saw two NBA players - for FREE
5. Run daily along a river front (yes I actually enjoy this though I broke my vacation rule...set the alarm to get today's run over with)
6. Read the morning paper with starbucks in hand at a local park (saw the brightest red cardinal I've ever seen and some black bird with bright red and yellow wing markings - who knew, I'm a bird watcher).
7. Read through half of Genesis (noting altars, covenants, journeys, and relationships - I smell a sermon series)
8. Talked with both of my boys on the phone
9. written a chapter and a half of a book I hope you'll soon see.
10. A couple of quiet walks with Sara.
What up next? Who knows...maybe golf a show at a local theatre...now for a nap...yes a nap at 10:09 a.m.!