Wednesday, February 26, 2014

yatra

"Yatra" is the Hindi translation of the book and study "Walk" we did at Eastview two years ago and God has now expanded it to over 600 pastors from five different nations for this leadership conference with CICM. To say that I'm overwhelmed is completely understated. Sara and I arrived yesterday for the afternoon sessions taught by J.K. and Jim - by the grace of God I was able to stay awake through both (no, they were not boring - my body clock was on 1:00-5:00 a.m. CST and I was tired after 37 hours of travel). Now it's 2:30 a.m. and I can't sleep..so I'm praying some, looking over my notes for today some, and answering e-mails some. My pastor's heart is so full even though I don't know what time zone I'm in. I met some brothers yesterday from the mountains of NEPAL (Katmandu is the capital - just go check a world map) who travelled 40+ hours by train to sit in 8 hours of daily teaching for two days and then return home to preach in their churches on Sunday!!!! Are you kidding me? How many American Christians would sacrifice so much to sit for the privilege of listening to sermons all day??? This may be the hungriest congregation I've ever had the privilege of preaching to (and I think Eastview is a church of great listeners!!) and I can't wait to preach to them twice today. The other countries represented are of course, India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, and Myanmar. I can't tell you how humbling it is to be with these great men of faith and yatra with them as we follow Jesus. I pray that I can inspire and encourage them today with two sermons from Jude 24&25 and Matthew 13. Hope you'll pray with me.

No comments: