Monday, November 26, 2012

Wisdom

Psalm 111:10 says "the fear of The Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding." I'm thinking a lot of about wisdom today...because in an hour from now, I will do something that I was told needed to be done 30 years ago. I'm having my wisdom teeth pulled. I don't mind telling you that I'm nervous. I'm not a big fan of medical procedures, hospitals, and medical stuff in general. I know this is rather routine...I just don't like shots and stuff (not to mention having teeth yanked from my skull and pain in general). So, I'm taking some wisdom verses into the dentist chair this morning. Strange but connecting my wisdom teeth saying "bye-bye" with wisdom verses is a good way to implant something in my mind. Another thing, I really feel guilty for being so worked up about wisdom teeth being pulled when so many people have it so much worse health wise. So, I'm also thinking (and praying if I can concentrate) for those who are dealing with cancer, heart problems, back surgery, etc... In a sense, I'm praising God for my health. Finally, I guess it's only soft foods for a time...someone said pudding was good. If this is true there are only two options for this recovery meal: chocolate and tapioca. Maybe this won't be so bad after all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike,
Love how you relate everyday activities with the Bible. hope your recover was quick and you are enjoying your pudding without puffy cheeks! KS

Unknown said...

Hey Pastor Mike! I had my wisdom teeth out on the same day! Funny! Enjoying real food again now! :)