Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Sermon (three days left)

Well, I've just completed a series of meetings that began at 6:00 a.m. and I finally have a moment to reflect. Everything is in place. The parking (don't laugh) situation is going to be great (park at NCHS and shuttle from 6:30-1:00 if you want), the service is going to be great (get in your seats on time or you're going to miss on of the coolest videos we've ever produced!), our video venues are set (600 seats in the gym and 300 in small auditorium), our awesome children's staff is bracing themselves, and prayers continue to fill the building. The excitement is palpable (I only use that word because it sounds cool). And I'll confess something...I'm starting to get nervous.

I know most of you don't think I get nervous because I don't look like it on Sundays, but I do and on a big day like this I get extra nervous. Why? Because I think there will be hundreds of people there that will get one shot at the gospel...and my sermon is it. Don't get me wrong...this sermon as every sermon will only be valuable as God does it and empowers it. But it will be my mouth speaking on his behalf... and well we all know how unpredictable that is. Anyway, no big deal...I'm just starting to get nervous. I hope that's the Holy Spirit stirring my heart for what He's up to.

No comments: