On the eleventh day of Christmas...my true love gave to me a trip to Greece and Turkey. O.K. Christmas season is as good a time as any to unveil the dates for a trip I'm leading to Greece and Turkey. As many of you know we cancelled this year's trip for lack of participation. So we've planned and projected 1 1/2 years in advance to give everyone a chance to plan and save! Drumroll please: May 9-20, 2011 - Eastview Greece/Turkey trip! Here are eleven reasons to go.
1. Athens - stand on Mars Hill where Paul delivered his famous sermon from acts. (there are three starbucks there:-)
2. Corinth - walk the first century roads where Paul ministered (and wrote two letters) and stand in front of the judgement place where he was questioned.
3. Berea - Stand on the steps of the first century synagogue where the apostle actually stood while teaching three weeks in this town.
4. Thessalonica - Walk the streets of this ancient city where ancient brothers and sisters in Christ read I and II thessalonians! Two more starbucks!
5. Neapolis - Have lunch portside in this ancient harbor town that was brand new when Paul sailed here.
6. Philippi - Walk in the impressive first century market place, visit the jail cell of Paul and Silas and walk by the river where Lydia was baptized.
7. Istanbul - Shop and eat in ancient Constantinople where Constantine made Christianity the official religion of Rome. More cool sites and at least one more Starbucks.
8. Ephesus - maybe the most impressive of all the Bible sites. Sit in a 2,00o year old ampitheatre with a view to the sea and hear the ancient voices of Christianity.
9. Izmir - Walk through the ruins of ancient Smyrna - also where Polycarp was burned at the stake for his faith...and another Starbucks.
10. Pergamum - More biblical ruins where you can walk where the saints from the church of Revelation lived and faced persecution.
11. Mytilene - Take a boat to this ancient island mentioned in Paul's missionary journey.
Wanna go? Let Sandi know at firstname.lastname@example.org so that you can get on our mailing list. This will be a trip of a lifetime!