Tuesday, April 16, 2013

What's the food like?

Sitting on the patio with birds chirping and an attendant cleaning up from last night's rain. He is using a make shift broom from some dried palmetto branches to "sweep" the leaves off of the grassy courtyard. It really stormed hard last night, even lost the power around 3:00 a.m. We all slept well (the word coma comes to mind) but not all through the night. Steve Wadhams (my roomy) flipped on the lights around 4:30 a.m. or so. Then I introduced him to some of the best coffee in the world. Bottled water in these hot water maker (that basically boils the water of a coil in the bottom of the carafe - don't know what they call 'em, but I remember them from when I was in England - they use it for tea)over Nescafe' and one packet of sugar. Don't know if it's because it's third world or not, but it's really awesome coffee and a good wake up 4 hours before breakfast. Now, I've studied, read, written some and I'm ready to eat. Speaking of food, the food here is great (but I'm really not that objective I like food). Had some pasty red stuff yesterday that Daniel called "pickle" that was spicy and great on their version of omelets. Of course every meat here is covered in some sort of sauce that includes curry with rice and what looks like yellowish mashed potatoes. This stuff is smashed chick peas and is awesome (but I"m the only one who thinks so). Had some goat on the plane and some fish and they both tasted like curry. Last night we had some chicken and veggies served on a hot iron skillet (fajita style like at Mexican restaurants) but the king of the meal was the nan. The flat bread here that is fried and covered with butter. Looks like I'm not going to lose weight while I'm here! Great stuff...don't worry for me, I won't starve. Plus Steve and Tyler are loaded with granola bars and stuff. Man, is it time for breakfast yet?

No comments: